Spay and Neuter Surgery
for Dogs & Cats
in Chadds Ford, PA
Spay and neuter surgery is one of the most common surgeries for dogs and cats, and rightly so. It boasts a number of health and behavioral benefits that help prolong your pet’s life so you can enjoy more good years with them. Plus, spaying and neutering help to curb the problem of pet overpopulation in Chadds Ford, and the greater southeastern Pennsylvania area.
Have you welcomed a new puppy or kitten into your home?
Schedule a visit so we can discuss their spay/neuter options!
Benefits of Spay & Neuter Surgery
Spay and neuter surgery helps male and female cats and dogs live longer, healthier lives. Here are some of the many benefits of surgery:
- Reduces the risk of mammary gland tumors in females
- Eliminates the risk of uterine and ovarian cancers in females
- Reduces the risk of prostate problems in males
- Eliminates the risk of testicular cancer in males
- Eliminates the risk of pyometra in females
- Curbs undesirable behaviors in males include mounting, urine-marking, and aggression towards other male dogs and cats
- Eliminates heat cycles in females
- Decreases your pet’s desire to roam to find a mate